Do you wonder where to buy your honey?
How pure and natural is the honey you buy?
And How to know that it is real honey not FAKE??
For those of us who use honey on daily basis knowing which honey is pure and natural and not fake it is important! If you are one of us you should know the following facts about real honey…
How are some methods to recognize Fake Honey:
1.Rub a little honey between your thumb and forefinger until it falls apart. A little bit of honey will be absorbed into the skin, because pure honey is good for the skin. Natural honey is not sticky. So if the honey that you have rubbed is sticky, that means that there is sugar or some other artificial sweeteners in it.
2. Place few drops of honey on a paper or a paper towel. Pure honey will not break the paper for a long time, because it does not contain water.
3. Put a little honey among ants. Bees instinctively build their hive on the trees and between rocks. They put honey in order to protect the hive against pests, such as ants. Ants will not touch natural honey.
4. Fill a glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of honey. Pure honey will coagulate and drop to the bottom, and fake honey will begin to melt.
5. Apply honey on a slice of bread. Natural honey will harden the bread in only few minutes. Artificial honey will moisten the bread because of the water content.
6. Pure and natural honey will give you a feeling of pins and needles in your mouth just before swallowing it. Fake honey will not give you that feeling.
7. Watch whether the honey will crystallize over time. Fake honey will remain smooth as syrup, no matter how long it is stored, while the real honey will crystallize.
8. Take a match and dip it in honey and then try to ignite the match. If the honey is natural the match will immediately ignite. However if the honey is not pure and natural and has water in it the match will not be able to ignite.
9. Put two or three teaspoons of honey in a bowl and put the bowl in a microwave. Heat it over high heat. The natural honey will quickly caramelize and will become foamy. While the fake honey won’t be able to caramelize and will be full of bubbles.