Burping, farting and hiccupping are bodily functions that can either be embarrassing, funny or annoying. And the leader of them all is Farting.
What do you know about farting, apart from the fact that they sound and smell funny, and are produced by your butt?! Here are a few things you probably didn’t know about farting:
1) Men fart more than women.
2) The original meaning of the word fart is forth as wind from the anus. It was coined in 1962.
3) The average person farts about 14 times a day.
4) The air from those 14 fats is enough to fill up a balloon
5) It’s nothing to be ashamed of, because it just means that you’re healthy. A healthy digestive tract produces farts, so if you aren’t farting at all, maybe you should go to a the doctor’s.
6) Farts are made of hydrogen sulfide, a gas that reduces mitochondrial damage. Smelling farts can be healthy, so next time it happens, take a deep breath.
7) Women’s farts are stinkier, because women have a higher concentration of hydrogen sulfide. This also means that it’s healthier to smell women’s farts.
8) Farts can fly as fast as 10ft/sec
9) If you have a very tight sphincter, your farts will be louder, since they have a tighter area to squeeze through.
10) Chewing gum and soda make you fart more.
11) We fart mostly while we sleep
12) The animal that produces the most farts are termites. Camels, zebras, sheep, cows, elephants and dogs (especially Labradors and Retrievers) follow close by.